Monday 28 June 2010

Day 45 - losing weight step 2

So Laura recommends the following

In the Skinny Thinking approach, I advocate changing your diet rather than going on a diet. Changing your diet means eating healthy food and managing portion size. You can either eyeball your portions (if you know what already know how much you can eat to either lose or maintain your weight) or count calories.

If you eat healthfully, the way you plan to eat for the rest of your life, and just cut back a few hundred calories per day, you will lose weight slowly and change your eating habits over a long period of time. This increases your chances of making these changes permanent rather than temporary. What's the hurry? You have the rest of your life to shed your excess weight. It's our impatience--the desire for a large, rapid weight loss--that's kicked us under the bus in the past. Don't go there this time!

Current research shows that losing weight the old fashioned way, by counting calories, works. It's a simple concept based on calories in and calories out. You decrease the food calories you take in until they are less than the calories you expend during the day. Remember, if you don't know about calories, pick up a pocket guide at the supermarket or simply search the internet for the calories of the food you want.

Then reduce your calorie intake below your daily maintenance requirement. Many website calculators will help you figure that out. I used:



http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm.


I am going to get back and try to "calorie count" and see how that takes me forward on the program.


I am reaching a vunlerable time, I am about to travel on vacation for 3 weeks and that is when I will be at my weakest, tired hungry and with peer pressure I crumble so I will need every reserve to ensure I stay on the program and not let my self go. This is a challenge but one I must win

No comments:

Post a Comment