Saturday 3 July 2010

Day 49

Chapter Summary

  • Many of us go "zombie" when we're eating.

  • Nibbling calories count.

  • Nibbling while doing other things is not very satisfying because you can't fully experience eating or whatever else you're doing because your attention is divided.

  • Most people have a skewed idea about the size of the portion they can eat and still remain at their desired weight.

  • The "jeans test" is unreliable.

  • The bathroom scale is your friend again.

  • Hunger is your friend.

  • If people let themselves get hunger a few times every day, it would end the obesity problem in this country.

  • Hunger is not a reliable gauge for when to stop eating.

  • Any diet will work as long as you are consuming fewer calories than you're using.

To Do List



Check off any tasks you've been able to complete. Remember, you don't have to be perfect at these tasks before checking the boxes. Tick them off the list if you've made some strides or attempts. Even if you've only practiced something once, tick it. Remember, these behaviors are new and may take quite a long time to take hold. You've reinforced your old habits for years, so be gentle and patient with yourself as you establish new behaviors.

  • I was able to just eat rather than doing other things at the same time.

  • I sat down to eat.

  • I avoided nibbling.

  • I put my fork down in between bites or walked around during a meal to interrupt my automatic food shoveling.

  • I used the Food Log to plan. I wrote down my food for the next day.

  • Using the Food Log, I checked the foods that I actually ate and added any additional foods that I hadn't planned on eating (including nibbles).

  • If I deviated from the plan, I didn't beat myself up.

  • I controlled my portion sizes.

  • I've been weighing myself regularly to help me manage my weight.

  • I wrote down my fears about hunger and took them to inquiry.

  • I've been waiting until my tummy is talking to me before eating.


  • I would like to lose weight, and I have been cutting out 500 calories per day.


    So I need to focus on the steps above which is unhighlighted and even though I am going on vacation, I need to stay in control! This is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment